Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some of my favorite Super Bowl commercials this year:

I know everyone is talking about this one. Volkswagen made some great ones, including the Beetle spot. The Darth Vader kid (6 yr. old Max Page) and his efforts to control the Force is incredibly cute. I want to watch it again and again. This incredible campaign was developed by Deutsch Inc. (L.A.).




Coca-Cola didn't disappoint either. They always come up with fun and whimsical mini-stories, imaginative, slightly suspenseful, and touching.






Most of the time, I'm not crazy about the beer ads. I remember them being funnier in the 90's, but sometimes I like one from the Super Bowl. I thought this one was good, maybe because I like the song and it was unexpected, or that I liked the simplicity of the classic association between saloons and the tradition of bar songs. This spot was brought to you by Anheuser-Busch with Anomaly of New York.




Really, Chrysler? This was a pleasant surprise for me. I started watching this, not expecting much from the glorification of Detroit, but somewhere in the middle got pulled in and by the end, felt such excitement for this city. Great writing. I was sincerely impressed.




Doritos makes me laugh again with House Sitting. Tynesha Williams came up with the idea for the Doritos/Pepsi Max Crash the Super Bowl Challenge. It's an interesting approach to form the ad ideas from contest submissions- the winners get fame and Doritos/Pepsi save money and spark interest?


...and I'm glad the Packers won!

0 comments: