Tuesday, February 1, 2011

If you want to "be leaner, have more sex, and be in a better mood overall", try this...

SLEEP.

FFunction designed this interesting infographic for Zeo illustrating statistics on sleep deprivation. Found on FastCo. I like the conclusion- haha.






As an art major, sleep deprivation is no stranger. It practically becomes a living entity dwelling among droopy eyes in late night studios, lurking in the drawn out silent hours and occasionally playing small tricks on vision. It manifests itself in stages- drowsiness, second-wind, slap happy, grumpy, frustrated, wide-eyed concentration tinged with a weird anxious exhaustion...

My longest staying up was 2 days straight, and I felt as if I was slipping in and out of time. With several more hours, I knew I would be seeing things. There were several other times that I was greatly sleep deprived, getting from 2-5 hours per night for 2 weeks, then pulling an all-nighter on top of that. I've slept in 3 different studios and once fell asleep while throwing on the ceramics wheel... haha. I actually miss those late nights, as stressful as they were. Many times, great designers and painters were keeping me company as music blared in the background, and I was most likely aided by coffee and a whole carton of Coca-Cola.

Okay, enough reminiscing about college...


0 comments: