Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"After one glass, you see things as you wish they were..."

I know I've posted quite a few alcohol packaging on here, but some are just too good to pass up, like this Christmas Absinthe from Stranger & Stranger, the same company that brought you the lovely Kraken Rum branding. I love the Victorian lettering and the detail of it all (nice touch with the gold foil too). They make a batch of spirits every year as a special Christmas gift for people, and this year they gave absinthe. Unfortunately, it cannot be purchased.


The label on the cork reads:
“Nectar, bitter-sweet - like the last kiss on the lips of a discarded mistress, is the secret charm of my existence; green as the moon’s light on a forest pool it glimmers in my glass; eagerly I quaff it, and, as I drink, I dream.” Marie Corelli, 1890.





0 comments: