Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Haley Reinhart sings "House of the Rising Sun"

I don't watch American Idol every week, but from what little I've seen this season, Haley Reinhart is my favorite. She's got this unique kind of jazzy but raspy (in a good way) voice with lots of soul. There's something classic about it, but it never gets old.

Tonight, she sang my ultimate favorite song, House of the Rising Sun (made popular by the Animals in 1964). I can't tell you exactly why I love it so much, but it resonates deep within me, besides the tune and the lyrics being so bad-ass. On top of all that, no one knows where it came from; there is no known original author. I have 17 versions of the song currently in my iTunes, and I want Haley's as soon as it's released. She does it right.




I thought it was also worth mentioning that Siobhan Magnus sang it last year. I liked it a lot then, but I think Haley Reinhart topped it this season:

0 comments: