Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

I love watching this show any chance I get, and the couple times I've watched this season, I've really enjoyed the dances by Kayla Radomski and Kupono Aweau. Last week they did a contemporary routine choreographed by Sonya Tayeh to Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation. This was a unique kind of dance that reminded me of Tim Burton. Tonight, they did another contemporary dance choreographed by Mia Michaels to Gravity by Sarah Bareilles. The choreography was inspired by addiction and the sense of needing something, yet trying to break away from it simultaneously. I found their execution to be very beautiful and expressive.


7.1.09 (Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation)





7.8.09 (Gravity - Sarah Bareilles)


1 comments:

Savannah Jane Springer said...

Leigh! I had no idea you watched this! I am unashamedly addicted!

Did you see last week with Jason and Janine....hottttttt. I blushed I admit. Check it out pronto.