Tuesday, July 28, 2009

With every end, another beginning...

(7/16/08)


















(7/28/09)


















I'm almost at the end of my 8th journal. On one of the first pages, I did a Prismacolor drawing of my favorite coffee cup (made and given to me by Diana Morrow), so I found it fitting to do the same coffee cup at the end, this time in watercolor.

I love journaling. It helps me process things better and is a great reference if I want to look back at past events. It is a constant reminder that I am growing and changing, but it also teaches me from my mistakes and shows me who I used to be.

This is the kind of diary my 9th journal will be. I just purchased it at Barnes and Noble the other night. Moleskine came out with special edition Woodstock notebooks to celebrate the 40th anniversary. I chose this one because this particular poster has kind of a sentimental meaning to me from a story I would rather not explain. Hopefully, I will be able to start this one on my 21st birthday, which is six days away.


0 comments: