Thursday, December 2, 2010

Because of this commercial, I don't totally dislike LeBron

I saw this earlier last month. At first I didn't want to post because I was tired about hearing all the publicity on LeBron, and I think he's the Kanye of basketball anyway. That being said, Wieden+Kennedy made his difficult character and situation a little easier to understand. The commercial seems pretty honest, and I like that. They do a magnificent job marketing Old Spice, Jeep, and many other clients, but I find it truly valuable when they can take a source of controversy and spin it into something human.

Featuring reigning two-time NBA MVP, this spot was created to give LeBron a voice to address his off-season controversy head-on, so he can move forward and focus on the road ahead. This isn’t about what LeBron has done, or hasn’t done. This is about the difference between our expectations of him, and his expectations of himself. (Wieden+Kennedy, Portland)



What should I do? Should I be who you want me to be?

0 comments: