Sunday, October 10, 2010

Parliament of Owls, letterpress coasters

I like these new coasters designed by Parliament of Owls and letterpressed by Cranky Pressman.
This set of coasters marks the launch of The Cranky Pressman's new line of ready-made coaster dies. Far less crotchety than they purport, Cranky and his crew crafted the copy and the concept: a series of seaside dwelling elderly folk called “The Coasters” with a penchant for booze and old timey hobbies. This fulfilled pretty much everything we love as a collective: letterpress, illustration, snappy copy, noodly details and octogenarians. The four coaster set is wrapped in a bellyband with additional verbose copy and detail.
I wouldn't mind using these for cocktails any day. In fact, I would probably learn how to make a few just so I could serve them on these! (My favorite is Mr. Snogglebaum). See more here!







0 comments: