Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gap reconsiders


I know everyone has heard about the new Gap logo, outrage, blahblahblah. I was also surprised and upset when seeing the new logo for the first time. Gap's logo is so iconic- how could they change? Then I got sick of seeing people upset about it... everywhere. Blogs, Facebook, Twitter. It seemed that the design world went into an uproar (and rightly so), but I just rolled my eyes seeing it for the umpteenth time.

The Gap must have gotten tired of it as well. Yesterday, they announced that they are getting rid of the new logo and going back to the traditional one, after all the crazy responses from the internet.

The Internet buzz over the controversy, which played out largely on Twitter and the company's Facebook fan page, forced Gap to defend its decision, first on Facebook and then in an article on the Huffington Post by its president, Marka Hansen. (msn)

Read more about it here.

0 comments: