Monday, February 15, 2010

Addy results

I found out today that I won 2 Addy awards! I won for the Faber & Faber book series, and the tea packaging design. I totally didn't expect it. That definitely made my Monday better, and gave me a little more confidence as a designer. I've been doubting myself horribly in this field for the past few months. I like design and enjoy looking at exquisite design produced by other people. Sometimes, I can really get into it and almost become obsessed/OCD about a certain project, but I've been really questioning lately if it's what I'm meant to be doing with my life and professional career. I feel much more drawn to painting and would love to live the lifestyle as such, but that path is a lot more unsure. It's not comfortable, but purposeful. I feel that design is a more stable career path, a set 9-5, unyielding deadlines, everything defined. At least I know if I take a crack at it, I can do it.

Whatever I may choose to do after I graduate, I hope I can put all my effort into, wholeheartedly, and to never give up.

I told myself that if I won, I would allow myself to buy my favorite kind of soap- C.O. Bigelow Mentha exfoliating bar soap from Bath and Body Works- it really helps wake me up in the morning:

5 comments:

R said...

Wow, 2 addys, that is awesome! Congrats.

:)

Razzmatazz said...

Thanks! I was really surprised!

south of tarnation said...

so did you get the soap yet?
jd

Razzmatazz said...

haha- yes! I actually got it just yesterday and am looking forward to using it this week!

Cornucopia of Love said...

Congratulations!!! It's cause you're so AWESOME!!!!