Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New book from Debbie Millman!


I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday on my break from a double shift, and as I wandered aimlessly through the disarray of crazed holiday shoppers, I found this interesting new book by Debbie Millman, called Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design. I picked it up to thumb through it, and found that it was a compilement of short life stories- the kind of minor moments that impact and stick with you though they seem mundane at the time. To my delight, each story was executed in a unique typographical way. Most are handwritten, but done with great care and makes it personal and intriguing. Some are done with traditional typefaces in interesting ways. I only got to read a couple, because I was on a short break, but I immediately wanted to buy the book.






0 comments: