Sunday, June 28, 2009

Midnight rant

I am in the mood to paint. It's 11:45, and the rest of my family is asleep. My sister got $100 to take care of a dog, a Pekingese I think, and the small gray dog currently lives in our kitchen this week. I usually like dogs, but this one gets on my nerves sometimes. We have to be quiet around it at night and in the mornings or it will bark and want out of it's cage. He stinks and he's kind of stupid. I say that because it's the kind of dog that when you fake throw when playing fetch, it believes you. He also tried to eat my socks today.

So bottom line, I can't really start painting now. All my acrylics are still in my car and I can't get them because I can't disturb the dog. I can't even have a midnight cup of tea.

I want to move somewhere else. This whole year, actually, I've had the urge to go somewhere far away. If I can't move, I want to just up and go. But this takes money and courage, and both are hard to come by for me sometimes. I had the chance earlier this summer to go to California for a week for only $150. I wouldn't have to pay for a room, and food wouldn't be much. I could've seen Yosemite and the plane ticket one way was $150, and I could ride back cross-country with friends.

Why didn't I? My Mom said no. She said money was really tight and I needed it for school. Usually I would agree, but this was something I wanted to do, and when would I ever get the chance to do it again for this amount? I've got to travel more while I'm young. I wish I had gone. I wish I didn't listen and bought the ticket when it was low. I'm almost 21 and capable of making my own decisions, especially when it comes to my own money and life is too short to worry. I won't let it pass me by like this.

1 comments:

R said...

absolutely, travel...your mom will be sad, but i don't know what to tell you there. Sometimes keeping peace and going your own way don't jive together and one has to take precedence over the other. so, you sacrificed the California trip, but there will be other trips and you are an adult; you can go on them.

i hope you went to get your paints while the dog was awake today :)

um...if you want to make tea in your room...i'm not sure if you use teabags or if you do the whole fancy loose-leaf thing, but you can get you a little 5 cup or so coffee maker, (or bigger if you have space for it,) and make tea in your bedroom. I've done it. And of course you can make coffee in it. You can get a tin of cocoa and use the coffee maker to heat water and pour over the powder, I've done that, too. :)