Sunday, June 7, 2009


I finished reading The Great Gatsby today. I've always particularly liked the cover. I don't know why.

I've really wanted to keep up with this blog more. What have I been doing this Summer so far? I just finished my internship at Locke Design. That was great. I was honestly dreading the whole internship process. It's been on my mind for the past 2 years- finding a place, getting my portfolio together, interviewing, actually working with them and having someone else tell me their outside opinion on how I design. I didn't want to do it. To be very honest, the thought entered my mind of dropping out of this concentration just to avoid the internship.

I am learning to not give up on things just because of some small obstacle that I make out to be a mountain. It's really stupid and I should do more of the things that I am afraid to try or think I will fail at. Life is too short for unreasonable fears.

I had a great time at Locke Design. I got up and worked 9-5 everyday. I had morning coffee and worked through lunch on some occasions. I liked designing. I got a real sense of it and how my skills can be put into practice in the so-called real world. I learned a lot and I met some great people. It was a good experience that taught me that I need to be more open to things and not so afraid.

I only stayed for 3 weeks because the internship didn't pay, and I need money for next year, especially since the school made us pay for the internship credits this year. Sometimes I wish that the art department was its own separate school. It wouldn't be so greedy for money in tight times to spend frivolously on things such as hideous fountains or gaudy medallions.

I am currently taking a couple weeks off before returning to work at the Olive Garden. I want to use this time to paint and gather myself again. I got really burned out this past semester, so even painting is coming a bit slow. I am staying with Diana, one of the most awesome people I know. She styled my hair today in a mohawk. And I went out in public. Check it:



1 comments:

R said...

nice post. I think the mohawk turned out well :) some super goo must have been used cause i remember what it was like to have hair that long, lol. Let me know if it is ok with you if I link you in my link list.

Rachel Young