Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I see around the city

This city surprises me daily with subtle beautiful things that wait around every corner. I've never wanted a camera so badly, just to carry around and capture all the small nuances that make me smile. I'm taking these with my camera phone, so the quality isn't as good as I'd like, but it's something.

The Taj Mahal? No, it's the Conservatory of Flowers!


Loved the color of this lion next to the indigo doors:


Saw "The Creak" and "The Trespassers" at a show in a small local pub on Saturday. They were a great bluegrass band, and I met a new friend!



I found a "me" place, meaning a niche out of the way from the general public, a place for solace.


I love the blue in Claes Oldenburg's sculpture next to the brilliant yellow leaves:


This would be the kind of graffiti/chalk drawings in San Francisco:


The "Checks Cashed" place here is better than the one in your city (only because it has a more elaborate roof)!



I didn't know such a thing as "Lawn Bowling" existed, prior to today.




This one reminds me of an Edward Hopper painting. I think it's the harsh highlights and the lonely windows and spire in that tower on the right.


A view of the city from the top of a park that I discovered today. I could see the Golden Gate bridge from here, so I painted it.

0 comments: